1. We're moving to a more individualized structure based on average winter water consumption; however, each customer's bill will still depend on how much water they actually use.
2. Denver Water's priorities for 2016 and the changes to the rate structure will allow us to continue improving our water system while ensuring essential water use remains affordable for our customers.
3. Denver Water has carefully created a new rate structure that will begin to shift our revenue from such a heavy reliance on usage to a more stable fixed fee over the next few years.
4. More stable revenue will mean that the future rate increases can be minimized and be less susceptible to increases due to fluctuations in outdoor water use resulting from unpredictable weather.
5. The new structure will provide a more stable source of revenue that Denver Water needs to continue to collect, treat and deliver safe, reliable water to its customers.
Fixed Monthly Charge: based on meter size ($8.79 for a 3/4" meter, or 1 SFE)
1st Tier: average indoor use/essential use (e.g. water for hygiene, drinking, etc.)
2nd Tier: outdoor use
3rd Tier: excessive use