Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Emergency Phone: 303-779-0261
Show All Answers
For additional information, visit denverwater.org/BillingRates/RatesCharges/2016-rates/
2. Denver Water's priorities for 2016 and the changes to the rate structure will allow us to continue improving our water system while ensuring essential water use remains affordable for our customers.
3. Denver Water has carefully created a new rate structure that will begin to shift our revenue from such a heavy reliance on usage to a more stable fixed fee over the next few years.
4. More stable revenue will mean that the future rate increases can be minimized and be less susceptible to increases due to fluctuations in outdoor water use resulting from unpredictable weather.
5. The new structure will provide a more stable source of revenue that Denver Water needs to continue to collect, treat and deliver safe, reliable water to its customers.
Fixed Monthly Charge: based on meter size ($8.79 for a 3/4" meter, or 1 SFE)1st Tier: average indoor use/essential use (e.g. water for hygiene, drinking, etc.)2nd Tier: outdoor use3rd Tier: excessive use
2. The point of average winter consumption is to keep essential indoor use affordable.
3. Conservation is still a priority and it is important to ensure the stability of our current and future water supply. We strongly discourage water waste.
4. Water use has declined 22% in Denver Water's service area over the last decade. We all need to continue efforts to create a culture of conservation. For more information, check out denverwater.org/Conservation/
1. Our blog: denverwater.org/2015/12/16/your-water-bill-different-path-same-goals/